Sunday, June 1, 2008

9 weeks old.....


Spencer has had some milestones in the last week. He has been to the doctor for 5 shots and he cried only while getting pricked. He weighed 10.14 pounds and was 22 3/4 inches tall. That is the 25% for weight and 50% for height. He is really looking us over so I know he can see us good because he just stares. He is smiling and doing some baby talk. He started sleeping in his own bed from 10:00 till 6:00 and that is really good for Eric and I. Big sister was having trouble sleeping in her own bed but she finally worked that out on her own. She is now going to bed on her own and staying there all night. Things are good in the Maxwell house at nighttime. Today was also baby dedication at church and Spencer was dedicated to our Lord by Brother Jim Flora. It was a special time for our whole family and he received his first little Bible with his name on it. Kaylee has her Bible and she now carries to church every Sunday. Pray for Eric and I that we can raise Spencer and Kaylee to love our God and to teach them what is really important in life. That is hard when sometimes we have trouble remembering what is important, because it is easy to get caught up in this world. Today I asked Kaylee if she knew what Jesus did for us and she said "died on the cross" it toke my breath away that my 3 year old little girl knew that. I know we are doing something right. Everyone have a wonderful week I know we will. This weekend coming up will be fun. The kids and I are heading to Houston on Thursday and Erin and Andy are picking Eric up on Friday night on their way through Springfield. We are going to have fun with all the grandparents and Uncles and Aunts for 4 days. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment